BOARD OF SUPERVISORS, COUNTY OF LAKE, STATE OF CALIFORNIA
ORDINANCE NO. 2963
AN ORDINANCE INCREASING THE CHARGES AND FEES FOR COUNTY
SERVICE AREA NO. 16 -- PARADISE VALLEY
The Board of Supervisors of the County of Lake ordains as follows:
Section 1: The following charges and fees for C.S.A. No. 16 are hereby approved and adopted:
1. Charges for Water Service.
a. Metered water service:
(1) A base charge of $50.00 per month per connection.
(2) A charge of $4.00 for each 100 cubic feet up to 500 cf per month.
(3) A charge of $6.00 for each 100 cubic feet in excess of 500 cubic feet and less than 1,001 cf per month.
(4) A charge of $10.00 for each 100 cubic feet used over 1,000 cf per month.
(5) Charges for metered water service shall be due once every two months.
b. Capital Improvement Program – A charge of $6.00 per month per connection.
c. Loan Repayment- A Charge of $22.05 per month per connection. When the loan is repaid in 2014, this amount will remain on the bill and be included in CIP fees.
d. Water hydrants:
(1) A charge of $75.00 to set meter.
(2) A base charge of $250.00 up to and including 1,500 cubic feet.
(3) A charge of $10.00 for each 100 cubic feet in excess of 1,500 cubic feet.
(4) Charges for water hydrants shall be due upon receipt of billing.
2. Miscellaneous Charges.
a. Late Charge - A monthly late charge of 10% of any portion of bill that is past due. Payment is considered past due if not received within 30 days following the mailing of notice that payment is due.
b. Shut off and turn on charges:
(1) A charge of $20.00 to shut off or turn on service made upon advance request of
recipient of service.
(2) A charge of $40.00 when the District is required to shut off service
because of the failure to pay charges.
c. Collection Fee – A charge of $48.00 will be added to any account that is referred to an outside collection agency or requires a lien to be filed for non payment.
d. Rental deposit - When service is made to property being rented or leased, the tenant shall be required to deposit with the District the amount of $185.00. The deposit made pursuant to this provision is refundable to the depositor thereof, upon the complete payment by tenant of the closing statement of charges.
Section 2: All charges set forth in Section 1, Paragraph 1, items a. through b. and Paragraph 2, items b. through d. shall be adjusted for inflation according to the U.S. City Average Consumer Price Index as published by the U.S. Department of Labor, Bureau of Labor statistics. The first adjustment will be January 1, 2012 and will be updated on January 1st each year thereafter. In the event of a negative CPI. No adjustment will be made.
Section 3: All ordinances or resolutions in conflict herewith are hereby repealed to the extent of such conflict and no further.
Section 4: This ordinance shall take effect on the 24th day of November, 2011, and before the expiration of fifteen (15) days after its passage, it shall be published at least once in a newspaper of general circulation printed and published in the County of Lake.
The foregoing Ordinance was introduced before the Board of Supervisors on the 18th day of October, 2011 and passed by the following vote on the 25th day of October, 2011.
AYES: Supervisors Smith, Rushing, Farrington, Brown and Comstock
ABSENT OR NOT VOTING: None