LAKE COUNTY, Calif. – The Napa-Lake Workforce Investment Board has announced a new name for one-stop employment services in Lake County.
The one-stop will now be called the WorkforceLake Business and Career Center.
WorkforceLake in Lakeport provides assistance to adult and youth job seekers and local businesses.
Many services can be accessed online at www.workforcelake.org or by visiting the comprehensive WorkforceLake Business and Career Center located at 55 First St., Lakeport, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Services include but are not limited to:
- Online computers, fax machines, phones and other office equipment to assist job seekers with their job search;
- Computerized career exploration workshops;
- Business center with resources for employers;
- Labor market information, employment and training provider information;
- Orientations and referrals to appropriate partner agencies for such services as filing claims for unemployment insurance; assistance in establishing eligibility for financial aid for training and education; training and job placement services and more;
- Workshops and seminars for job seekers for resume preparation, mock interviews, social networking, etc.;
- Work readiness workshops for youth to prepare them for the workforce;
- Entrepreneurial seminars for those interested in starting a business or work from home;
- Seminars for employers for tips to identify qualified applicants, interviewing, legal hiring and dismissal, social networking tips for marketing;
- Rapid response services for businesses and workers in transition due to the economy and other factors that force lay offs and business closures;
- Veterans receive priority of service.
WorkforceLake partner agencies include California State Employment Development Department, Department of Rehabilitation, California Human Development Corp., Goodwill Industries, Experience Works, County of Lake Department of Health and Human Services, NCO/Community Action Agency, Clearlake Youth Center, Mendocino College, Yuba College and Yuba College Small Business Development Center.
Through partner agreements, satellite sites providing access to online job search tools, career counseling and workshops will soon be available in several locations including Clearlake, Middletown and Cobb.
On July 9, WorkforceLake will host a free four-day Job Seekers Network. This workshop series will provide job seekers with the tools necessary to improve their success by learning to apply the latest job search strategies.
For more information about WorkforceLake, WIA programs and services or the Job Seekers Network call 707-467-5903 or 1-800-616-1196, Extension 5903.