|From left, Jessica Beall, Audrey Edlow and Marc Spillman serving chicken satay from the Thai Bistro at the August 2011 A Taste of Lakeport event. Courtesy photo.|
LAKEPORT, Calif. – The 16th annual food and wine event, A Taste of Lakeport, will once again pair premium Lake County wines with gourmet food from local purveyors.
Taking place along three blocks of Main Street in downtown Lakeport on Friday, Aug. 17, the food and wine tasting runs from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m., with street dance following until 10 p.m.
Event tickets are $30 in advance, $35 at the door, and include all activities and a souvenir wine glass. A $15 ticket is available for food tasting only.
An expected 20 wineries will offer tastes from fine wines either produced in Lake County or made from grapes grown in the county. Twenty local restaurateurs and caterers will provide tasty bites matched to the wine being poured.
To keep the fun going, live music will play throughout the tasting by Polecat Rodeo and The Hip Replacements.
A great antique car collection will be on view as well. After 8 pm, the party turns into a lively street dance under the stars with music by the Jimmy Z band.
Tickets are on sale now at these outlets:
- Soper Reese Community Theatre online at www.soperreesetheatre.com , or at the box office on Fridays from 10:30-5:30, 375 S. Main, Lakeport, 707-263-0577;
- The Travel Center, 1265 S. Main, Lakeport, 707-263-3095;
- Lake County Chamber of Commerce, 875 Lakeport Blvd., Lakeport, 707-263-5092;
- Hillside Honda, 460 S. Main, Lakeport, 707-263-9000;
- Clearlake Chamber of Commerce, 3425 Bowers Road, Clearlake (cash or check only);
- Doni’s Occasion Station, 6140 E. Hwy 20, Lucerne (cash or check only).
Proceeds from The Taste of Lakeport benefit the Lakeport Main Street Association and its work toward the continuing revitalization and renovation of downtown Lakeport.
Major sponsors for the Taste of Lakeport include Hillside Honda, Savings Bank of Mendocino County, North Lake Medical Pharmacy, Lakeport Ford, Coldwell Banker Towne & Country Real Estate, The Record Bee, KXBX 98.3FM, Q106 105.9FM, John H. Tomkins Tax consultants, Sutter Lakeside Hospital and Golden Gate Meat Company. The event is also supported by Lakeport Senior Center Meals on Wheels Thrift Store, Clearlake Club, IE Truss, Gossett Alarm, Mendo-Lake Credit Union, Marymount College and Watershed Books.