Hits : 228
LAKEPORT, Calif. – Local history buffs know St. John’s Episcopal Church as the architectural jewel that has stood on the corner of North Forbes Street and Clearlake Avenue in Lakeport for 113 years.
Lake County newcomers and tourists will want to connect to the story Sunday, May 20, when The Collier Room is dedicated to the memory of church founder Mary Blackwood Collier. Collier’s great-granddaughter, from Santa Barbara, and other family members plan to attend the dedication immediately after the regular 10 a.m. service at 1190 N. Forbes St., Lakeport. A potluck lunch follows in Carey Hall.